Saturday, November 25, 2017

The Resurrection: I thought I deleted this forever! *cue horror movie scream*

Well, well, well..... Look who's back and finally got her shit figured out?!
I (many, moons and years ago) made the rash female decision to attempt to delete this blog in my angst of feeling like no one was hearing me. I thought it was a success, until I started to get a couple of notifications of comments from relatable viewing eyes in my email.
It took me a long time of figuring it all out but I'm IN now. We're back, and holy fuck- a lot has changed, you guys!

The best news?? The roadie and I are still married!!! Quite a success when you're looking at today's statistics, especially considering the career field we're in. (No judgment to anyone who gave it their best and it didn't work out. Life happens.) And... we made a human! He's 2 now, and makes for one hell of a dictator. AND..... we moved out of state and away from everyone we know and love!!! What?! I know, I'll explain more later.


As you can tell, I've got a lot to share. Next year, we'll be 10 years married. We've gone through the 5 year plans, the 7 year itch, the family drama so bad you chose distance, the freelance touring, the hopeful emails and empty promises, the first-time home buying process, and currently we're awaiting word if he got the salary position he's been working for.
We've grown up... a lot. And we're continuing to grow. So far we're a house, 1 toddler, 2 dogs and an asshole cat deep in this life. Some days, I feel like I'm keeping my pace.
But most days I feel like I'm loosing my mind, with that constant feeling of fumbling for your keys to unlock the door while your arms are full with grocery bags that are slowly tearing open.

So rejoin me, as we get back on the horse and journey together. Because being the supporter of someone else's dream is more work than we anticipate, and we need each other's support.

1 comment:

  1. As a new member to this elite group of ladies I just have to thank you.
    My roadie fiancĂ© is touring now and I found out tonight that he won’t be home very much until October.... then again in January until he leaves for Europe/ Japan .... ugh.
    It’s great that he’s in demand.
    I just feel super alone and your blog is so comforting.
    Thank you! ����

    ReplyDelete